… a working family farm specialising in mutton, hogget and lamb. We also produce a range of named variety apple juices 23 different varieties this year!
You’re always welcome; if we’re in, we’re open ! & always
Wednesday from 8am to 8pm! Friday 12am to 6pm
– Helen & David Pickersgill
! As seen on BBC Countryfile in their farm to fork story of mutton. Sunday 2nd August 2015 at 7.00pm !
Currently viewable on BBC iPlayer here : Sheep Theme
- Weobley Ash – Mutton renaissance – BBC Countryfile - Weobley Ash as seen on BBC Countryfile EPISODE 1327 – SHEEP THEME Anita Rani travelled to Herefordshire to meet – “… the city slickers who swapped corporate life for the country” and now supply top quality mutton to high end restaurants in the area. Anita discovers ” it’s the way the David and Helen treat the meat that makes […]
- Could mutton be replacing lamb as a Sunday favourite? - Weobley Ash have been talking mutton on BBC Hereford & Worcester : listen again @ BBC Radio ShareFollow Weobley Ash
- Weobley Ash mutton @ the Ludlow Food Festival - The Slow Food Ludlow group’s – “Taste Workshops” – at the Ludlow Food Festival will include Peter from The Duck’s Nest, Presteigne – demonstrating his culinary expertise with our mutton. Result! “The Ducks Nest – Passion in Presteigne One of the most exciting additions to the foodie scene in the Marches is the arrival of Jemima and […]
- Weobley Ash most read article in the Hereford Times - See us in the Hereford Times !! “Herefordshire farm to appear on BBC’s Countryfile programme this weekend” *** Most read article online !!! The article highlights the coming BBC “field to fork” piece with Anita Rani discussing mutton and how the Weobley Ash produces it. BBC Countryfile on Sunday – August 2nd at 7pm. also in the Evesham Journal […]
- Mutton, farm to fork – BBC Countryfile – Weobley Ash & The Riverside Inn - Andy Link, chef of the Riverside Inn, Aymestrey worked with us and Anita Rani for the filming of the BBC Countryfile Story of Mutton, farm to fork. To be aired 2nd August at 7.00 pm. The rambling Inn on the River Lugg in Aymestrey with it’s riverside eating in summer, log fires and 20 malt whiskies […]
- Watch us on Countryfile! 2nd August BBC1 at 7.00pm - Here’s the cameraman filming Anita Rani & myself discussing sheep’s teeth! BBC Countryfile are presenting a farm to fork story of mutton. We’re the farm, and The Riverside Inn at Aymestrey, who serve our ShareFollow Weobley Ash
- Local Markets - David will be setting up stall and selling our produce: Mutton, Hogget and Lamb joints, burgers & sausages at the following local markets: Hay-on-Wye : Every Thursday 8am to mid afternoon (on street outside F.W Golesworthy & Sons, 17 Broad St, Hay-on-Wye. Map ) – Info Kington : Every Friday from 8.30am to 1.00pm at Kington Market Hall. Map Kington : 3rd Saturday of the […]